Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine


My Valentine:
10 Years ago I had the privilege of walking down the aisle to this man. Its amazing to look back and remember what you've been through in only a short 10 years. Nathan has stood by me and supported me through three c-sections and four beautiful children, and two angels we never got to meet. He has seen me through the death of my sweet brother and Dad, He had to be the Man of not only one household but of two when he was only 21. He has worked three jobs and gone to college with two children and the third on the way. He has given and sacrificed much for the sake of His family. He is the very image of God and I am extremely blessed that God showed me grace in giving Him to me. When Nathan asked my Dad for my hand in marriage when he was 19 my dad thought Nathan had lost His mind.Why would a 19 yr. old want to get married? Dad made us wait a whole year just to make sure Nathan needed an out. Nathan was so young and well for lack of better words I was and am still extremely independent. What Dad didn't realize at the time was that Nathan was a man who didn't back down. He has and continues to meet me head on,which is incredible to have, someone who doesn't always let you win but calls you on the things that are wrong, the only difference is Nathan does it with style. I've watched Nathan with our friends and family who ask Him advice, He's a natural at it. He can tell you the truth without any pain at all. I always tell people He's the Novocaine you get before a tooth extraction, I'm just the tooth extraction! God has molded us so perfectly together, and continues to chip away the selfish things we hold on to. I am overwhelmed this Valentines Day just knowing that God gave me the perfect gift 10 years ago. Here's to our Happily Ever After.

2 comments:

trish said...

Yall make such a lovely couple, looking back at when we were kids, I never dreamed you and Nathan would have gotten married. Yall make such a lovely couple and have 4 beautiful children : ) I wish we lived closer, I sure miss you Esther!

Anonymous said...

I'm just saying...I was facebook stalking you and found this blog post...that's the coolest post ever! Love that the ones under you guys have such an amazing example of real love. You guys are awesome. Love you Esther!